Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cardboard Man



I admittedly love Halloween. What's not to like about an opportunity to consume tons of sugar and walk the streets of your neighborhood in disguise. Another thing that this holiday has always done, is force me to create a character and costume. Maybe it was due to the fact that my mother really enjoyed making my sister and I elaborate costumes when we were little kids, and I'm reliving it all again. I definitely want to carry on the tradition with my three year old son.

This year it wasn't a difficult decision as to what I was going to be. Sometimes work imitates life and I've been working with a lot of corrugated cardboard over the past few months at the design house where I work (hutch studio). I've been creating all sorts of things with old boxes and scraps so why not an outfit to wear. Some may call it frugal fashion but I call it "fun".

11 comments:

  1. Oh how I love my cardboard man! This costume reminds me of a more eco-conscious Willy Wonka. Very cool... (& nice first blog post)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris, congrats on your new blog! That cardboard costume is outrageously FANTASTIC! Right down to the glasses.. This is so fun and amazing. Incredibly, my girl and I are watching the Imagination Movers and this episode's about.. cardboard boxes! Can't wait to keep checking back on your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Chris....Yeah you have your blog up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so something my parents would have made for me or my siblings. For a girl that just wanted to be a "fairy" princess, it didn't sit too well with me at the time, but I sure do appreciate their creativity now! A job really well done Chris! I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, mad skills! It is nice to know when kids grow up they will appreciate their hand made costumes.. Parenthood is a chance to revisit your own childhood, and try to improve upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly terrific outfit! You're the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! Now, I have to say, if you love oardboard, you're my kinda man - very dapper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bansal Box and Corrugating Industries was incorporated in the year 1967 at New Delhi, India. Now we are reckoned as one of the best manufacturer and supplier of corrugated boxes in India. All our products are widely acclaimed for their distinctive features like durability, strong built & heat resistant.
    Master Cartons Manufacturers,
    Mono Cartons Suppliers,
    Printed Boxes Manufacturers,
    Partition Boxes Suppliers,
    Corrugated Boxes Manufacturers,
    Heavy Duty Boxes Suppliers,
    Die Cut Boxes Manufacturers,
    Corrugated Rolls Suppliers.
    We are a well-known organization that is engaged in Corrugated Boxes and Corrugated Rolls wholesale, manufacturers and suppliers. Our offered corrugated boxes are praised in the markets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are Top Manufacturer Supplier of Quality Corrugated Boxes, Printed Cartons Manufacturers, Paper Bags Manufacturers in India. MittalIndustries based in Delhi & NCR-India.

    ReplyDelete