Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools

April Fools!

On this day of jokes and trickery I wanted to share a couple of my springtime feelings.  At this time of year my heart just swims with romantic thoughts.  Feelings that make me want to kiss in public or anywhere for that matter.   Above is a self portrait that I drew quite a while ago.  It was done in graphite, charcoal and pastel no paper and was one in a series of portraits that had emotional significance for me.  Of all the  portraits in that series it is one of the only that I actually care to look at anymore.  The second thing I'd like to share is one of my favorite musicians in his debut television performance on the Conan Obrien show.  I've also been told on a number of occasions that he and I look a great deal alike.  I have to say he is and looks younger.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. He's great! I just discovered an artist this week - Antony Hegarty (Antony and the Johnsons) - and went on a quest to find out about him. My husband went to the music store and bought me two of his cd's for my birthday on Friday. I played the cd "I Am a Bird Now" for the first time on my way to LaConner to see your inspiring shop today. Now here's a wonderful coincidence; Rufus Wainright sings song #6 on this cd! Here is the link, hope it works! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx4fxeiqmdk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEa-WEcmhRc&NR=1 If not, look up "What Can I Do? Antony and the Johnsons, on youtube. By the way, the cd is really REALLY good! It was nice talking to you this afternoon. ( I'm the person who asked you what the half & half carton was for. ) Bunny Starbuck

    ReplyDelete